What we believe?
Freed by Jesus Christ!
We believe that God created the Earth and that we are part of his creation. And we believe that mankind cannot live agreeable to God innately.
We believe that God sent his son to Earth to give mankind a new direction.
We believe in life after death and that everyone who follows Jesus has the prospect of this life.
We believe that God sent us his Holy Ghost who accompanies us every day, always.
Believing - that means to us: having faith in God.
The Apostles' Creed
connects us with all Christians in the world:
I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ,
God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy christian Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen
The Baptist Principles
describe the common basic beliefs of all Baptist Churches allover the world:
- The Bible as God's Word, therefore sole rule and guideline for faith and life
- The community of all believers, therefore the necessity for mission and evangelization
- Baptism on the religious denomination, therefore the connection between baptism and membership of the church
- The priesthood of all believers, therefore no hierarchy of authority
- Independence of the local church, therefore no clerical structure from the top with special authorization
- Freedom of faith and conscience, therefore separation of Church and State
Confession of Faith
summarizes the concordantly creed of all the German speaking baptists: